What can you expect of the Raiders this season? More on that in the season preview later this week. This is about bold predictions. We will revist them at the end of the season and see how we did. I try to keep this as positive as possible so this is going to have a homer-like vibe to it. Just know, this is bold predictions. Hitting on 1/3 of them is probably an excellent hit rate, like baseball.
1. Matt Shaughnessy will have 10 sacks or more.
2. Taiwan Jones will have at least two touchdowns longer than 70 yards.
3. Darren McFadden will have 2000 total yards from scrimmage.
4. Darrius Heyward-Bey will catch twice as many passes as he did last year.
5. Jason Campbell will have 3000+ yards passing and 20 touchdowns.
6. Denarius Moore will return two punts for touchdowns.
7. Jacoby Ford will return two kicks for touchdowns (despite the new rules).
8. Michael Bush will rush for just 500 yards….but with 10 touchdowns.
9. The Raiders will have a top 5 offense and lead the league in rushing.
10. The Raiders will win 10 games. (My prediction is 8 games +-2. Since this is for bold predictions, I’ll go with the higher one)
11. The Raiders will go 4-2 in the division.
12. The Raiders will not miss Zach Miller
13. The Raiders will not miss Nnamdi Asomugha
14. The Raiders will beat the Jets in the home opener.
15. The Raiders will play the Chargers at home week 17 for the AFC West title.
16. Chuck Bresnahan ‘s defense will intercept 20 passes.
17. Rolando McClain will have 120 tackles
18. Chris Johnson will have 8 interceptions.
19. The Raiders will lead the league in sacks.
20. Kamerion Wimbely will have 10 sacks.