We get three days to see a preview of how the team might look. So what can we expect from a mandatory mini-camp?
1. Will Burgess show up? Yes, he isn’t the type of guy who will hold-out. He is unhappy and I suspect he might want to leave when his contract is up, but he isn’t going to be a malcontent.
2. Will Nnamdi sign his tender and show up? No, Nnamdi loses his contract negotiation power if he does. The Raiders REALLY need to sign this guy long term.
3. How will the RB rotation look? I’d suspect they go even carries across the board.
4. Which WR(s) will Russell develop chemistry with? Word was Drew Carter was so far. You’d think Curry has the edge, but in my mind Curry needs to get his act together or he is going to find himself as the #3 WR or worse.
5. Who might be in line to return kicks? JLH, Arman Shields, Tyvon Branch, etc We went from having hardly anyone who could do it to having a team full of them, some might be more prospects, but I’d think we can find a productive returner this year.
News and Notes:
Kiffin a dead-man walking….hardly. I think he realized he needed to be himself and not try to be a Jon Gruden. His enthusiasm seemed a bit on the forced side as Jerry McDonald observed, and I’d have to agree, it seems almost goofy. If anyone saw the locker room video after the first win you’ll see what I am talking about. He just appeared to be too enthusiastic to the point of fakeness. His players hardly responded and any good leader might change his coaching methods. Everything is in the past now. Only a horrible start could cost Kiffin his job.