1. Keith Rivers injury keeps him from running. This is a re-occurring injury and could effect his draft stock.
2. Chris Long dominated the combine. However, even he admits he is going to need work if someone wants him to be a 3-4 OLB. 4.75 dash. 34″ vert 10′ 4″ broad jump
3. Vernon Gholston was the best combine performer at DE. He benched 37 (1st), ran 4.64 (3rd), 35.5″ vert (1st) 10′ 4″ broad jump
4. Sedrick Ellis had a solid performance. The Senior Bowl really hyped him up, but I’ve been saying and I’ve had at least one scout confirm my notions that he is more of a top 15 pick than a top 5 pick. I like him, but I think that if we are looking for a run stuffer Ellis isn’t our guy.
5. Dorsey’s pro day will be huge because of the injury concerns. I expect him to plummet if he doesn’t do well at the pro day, because of the injury concerns.
6. LB’s looked unspectacular overall. Woodyard looked like pretty good.
7. Trevor Laws lacked the agility. He has good strength and leverage and motor, but seems to lack movement and may have trouble getting off blocks.
For all the combine measurables click here.