1. The biggest talk is going to be McFadden. He ran 4.27 and officially they gave him a 4.33. Lets call it 4.3 speed. We are all aware speed is just a gauge. This certainly will help his stock regardless. Mayock and Faulk (A HOF RB) both said McFadden best fits in a one cut and go system (Sounds like the Raiders). Look I am not saying we should for sure take McFadden, but he certainly fits the mold. Heck he is a lot like Fargas coming out but younger and faster. If he falls to #4, we have to consider it. So fans better get used to the fact that we may take him if he is there at #4. He also had a 10′ 10″ Broad jump and 33″ vertical. The fast time doesn’t surprise me, he has been training at the Michael Johnson Performance Center. Just for the record: I guessed McFadden’s 40-time EXACTLY
2. Devin Thomas looked very quick and natural in drills and ran very well.
3. Mendenhall ran well and has good size. 4.4
4. Stewart ran very well considering he is a big 235. 4.4
5. Eddie Royal looked good and natural with good burst and speed in drills.
6. Adrius Bowman ran very slow and his stock will continue to drop. He ran a 4.7
7. Chris Johnson 4.24 is blistering, but he lacks size.
8. Manningham ran much slower than expected. 4.6. That should hurt his stock because he was expected to run in the 4.4 range.
9. Joe Flacco and Chad Henne look like the top two QBs to me. For some reason people like Matt Ryan. I guess they like interceptions.
10. Rumor is Michael Huff is “available for trade” I am not sure if that means we put him on the block or if other people have inquired and we listened. I think that would be a large mistake. He is only in his 3rd year and he hasn’t even had a chance to play FS yet. Few thought he was a SS coming in. Most people thought CB or FS. I agree and we need to give him a shot to do that. What are we going to go with Stu and Eugene as the safeties? That said, rumors are just that, rumors.
11. Sedrick Ellis benched 225 pounds 34 times. Nice, but I think a few less than he or many expected.
12. Vernon Gholston benched it 37 times. That is STRONG for a DE.
13. Dorsey Damaged? Sources indicate the injury he sustained in 2006 is more serious than people thought. Dorsey’s injury history makes me want to say…nah.